With the expansion of Doctor Services, LV= is now offering coverage to spouses and partners of protection policyholders.
With LV= Doctor Services, policyholders can access six expert medical services through a single app or by calling Square Health. The following six services will be available to spouses and partners of policyholders:
- Remote GP – Policyholders and their spouse/partner can now get unlimited 24/7 consultations with a UK doctor.
- Prescription Services – A private or repeat prescription service is available. Where the GP recommends a private prescription the private prescription is free and the private medicine needs to be paid for. For repeat prescriptions, the same applies unless an NHS England exemption is available
- Second Medical Opinion – An expert specialist can review a diagnosis, help with any unanswered questions and go through the treatment options available.
- Remote Physiotherapy – Remote access to up to five free sessions (shared between policyholder and spouse) with a UK trained physiotherapist and receive a bespoke treatment plan.
- Remote Psychological Services – Access to up to five sessions (shared between policyholder and spouse) of mental health support from a network of highly trained therapists.
- Discounted health MOTs – Provides an assessment of overall health, identifying any health risks and areas of improvement.
Square Health provides expert medical services using the latest online technology. With one of the largest networks of over 5,000 UK medical professionals, including doctors and healthcare specialists, each Square Health practitioner is highly trained and experienced, as well as being registered with the GMC (General Medical Council). All Square Health professionals are based in the UK.
LV= Doctor Services is a non-contractual benefit and can be changed or removed at any time. Information on eligibility is available at: https://www.lvadviser.com/supporting-your-client/doctors-services.
The changes are the latest in a series of improvements LV= has made to protection policies.
In April 2021, LV= updated its underwriting approach for those living with chronic medical conditions – such as severe respiratory conditions, heart and lung diseases, and cancer – to enable it to consider more applicants for life insurance.
Also offered to 31st December 2021 are payment breaks, reduced premiums and cover options. Aimed at helping LV= policyholders who are struggling financially, the payment break and premium and cover reduction supports policyholders unable to pay their premiums due to the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Debbie Kennedy, the director of Protection at LV=, said:“This is the latest in a series of improvements LV= has made for its protection policyholders. Protection is more than about just paying a claim; it’s about providing support to policyholders and their families when they need it most.